What does Christmas mean to you? Is it a mad rush of gift buying, scrambling together Christmas dinner or falling asleep in front of your favourite festive film?
Whatever your routine, there’s no denying that Christmas spend is through the roof, with billions of pounds forecast to be spent in the run up to the big day.
Mind boggled by these figures, we did some more research and found that this year on average, people are planning to spend £380 on Christmas gifts. Not only that, but over three quarters of us think we spend too much on gifts! Where do you stand? Do you think budgets have spiralled and the amount we spend on gifts could be better spent elsewhere?
You wouldn’t be alone, one in five of us would actually prefer to spend our Christmas gift budget on a charity donation!
So, what better way to say Merry Christmas than with a donation to your favourite charity this year?! We’re asking you to nominate your favourite charity for a chance for them to receive a donation of £380, the same amount that people are planning to spend on gifts.
What are you waiting for? Enter below!
1. The competition starts on Friday 24th November and will run until midnight on Friday 15th December.
2. The prize is a £380 donation to the winner’s nominated charity.
3. Entrants must be over the age of 18.
4. To qualify, entrants must nominate a UK registered charity using the Gleam competition platform.
5. For a bonus entry, entrants can share the competition on Twitter, via the Gleam platform.
6. UK residents only.
7. This competition is not open to The Safe Shop Ltd employees, their families or any other person or company directly connected with this competition.
8. Winner will be chosen within 7 days of the competition closing. Winner will be contacted on Twitter and will be displayed on our Facebook and Twitter pages as way of notification.
9. Once the winner has been notified it is the responsibility of the winner to confirm their full name and chosen charity within 7 days of notification. If no details are provided for any reason, The Safe Shop Ltd reserves the right to disqualify that entry and select an alternative winner.
10. By entering this competition, you give permission for The Safe Shop Ltd to display your first name, surname and home town or county on our site and social media channels should you win the competition.
11. Winner may be contacted by The Safe Shop Ltd for marketing purposes once the competition is closed.
12. The Safe Shop Ltd accepts no liability for any loss of entries caused by a technical fault.
13. Any personal data relating to participants will be used solely in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and will not be disclosed to a third party without the participant’s prior consent.
14. The Safe Shop Ltd’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. The Safe Shop Ltd reserves the right to change these Terms & Conditions at any time.